10.24.2011

Pumpkin Seeds

Due to popular demand, ok, just two people asking, but two was enough for me, I figured I'd post the recipe I used to roast our pumpkin seeds. They were so delicious it didn't even take us an entire day to finish them off.

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds:
2 cups washed and dried pumpkin seeds
1 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp melted butter
Seasoning salt to taste (be generous here)

I remember my mom laying our pumpkin seeds out to dry over night, and if you have patience that's a good approach. However, I don't have that kind of patience, so, I stucked the washed seeds in a bowl, placed them in the microwave for 2-3 minutes and they dried out perfectly.

Heat oven to 265 degrees.
Place all of the ingredients in a bowl, and coat seeds until covered.
Line seeds on a cookie sheet and place in preheated oven for one hour, stirring occasionally until, crisp and golden brown.

Yum, and they tasted just like I remembered from when I was a kid.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think of it. I personally think this is the best way to roast pumpkin seeds.  In fact, we both want to carve pumpkins again just to make another batch of seeds to munch on.

4 comments:

Erin S said...

Yummy! I'm glad you shared this. I tried to make them last year, but they didn't turn out that great, so now I will have to try it again.

Lovell Family said...

yum..thanks!

I will let you know how it turns out!

Colie said...

ooo yummy. I love all things pumpkin - pumpkin hot chocolate, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie, pumpkin rolls. Ah...I think pumpkin was made to soften the blow of the looming winter.

carla thorup said...

made these last weekend too! (put them on a salad! it was good with feta and cranberries.)