8.29.2011

Joy's of a Monday

The funniest things are said to me at work.

Once, one of my bosses told me I needed a life and girl friends. It was when John was studying for the boards and my weekend plans consisted of cleaning my house. But yes, I still need a life and more girl friends, I'm fully aware of this, thank-you-very-much.

He frequently comments on my hair styles, well, only when I put it in a bun on top of my head. He thinks it's totally a Utah thing to do. I found online pictures of models to prove otherwise, but he's still not totally convinced. So yes, my 'dos' are always questioned.

I'm often told I eat too healthy and that I drink too much water. Although he says it's a good thing, it usually comes out sounding semi-critical. But I do live in Oklahoma, and the whole healthy living thing hasn't totally caught on just yet. Little does he know how big my sweet tooth really is, but that's neither here nor there.

And just today, as I'm sitting at my desk, he walks by and says, "banana bread, huh?" It's usually cereal in a baggie. I told him it' not just any banana bread, but homemade, by me. Again, he was shocked, and when I told him I'm a pretty domestic girl, he just said, "I find that hard to believe."

Staff meeting this morning consisted of talking about work and banana bread of course.

How I love coming into work sometimes.

3 comments:

Lauren Kay said...

funny things at work totally make it more enjoyable.

Cynthia Lovell said...

ha ha ha ha

Colie said...

What do Oklahomians (is that what they're even called ...?) do with their hair? The bun is everywhere, boss - everywhere. :)