12.07.2010

Expensive mistakes

Maybe this will expose my personal hygiene, my personal embarrassments, my personal blond moments, my personal self...or lack thereof at times, but can't we all learn from others mistakes, or our own for that matter? So, consider this,  lessons learned.

Never wear the same thing to work two days in a row (sick right?), even if you work at two different locations, no matter how big of a hurry you're in. Even if the quickest outfit you have to throw on is yesterdays. Even if you rarely work at both locations on a single given day. Because really, you just never know if you'll get called to come over to the place you were working at the day before. And believe you me, It's quite embarrassing when you stumble into the office wearing the exact same thing you were wearing when you walked out of the office the night before, hairstyle and earrings included...
Perhaps it's wise to act cold and just leave your coat on the entire time. Perhaps!

When you move to a new state, establish residency fast, especially if you just left a state that makes you pay county fee's for your possessions. You just never know what county bills you'll get charged for from your old place of residency. Oh, and when you call to find out how to get out of said bills, make sure you repeat, 20 times if necessary, what you were told on the phone. Apparently repeating only a few times still leaves room for error.
Leave the past in the past. How silly of me to want to hold onto my Virginia license plates as long as possible...or at least until the end of the year, when my registration ran out, and it would be time to renew anyway. Silly. Expensive. Idiot!

When your husband, or anyone for that matter, asks you where your car registration is, never say, "I don't know?" Just fake it until it's found.

Why do I always seem to learn the lessons the hard/expensive way?

3 comments:

AJ Candrian said...

Oops. And if my memory serves me correctly, you have enough clothes to provide for a small army. Why did you wear the same thing two days in a row?

Cynthia Lovell said...

ha ha ha ha very funny!

Colie said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does these things! :)