9.02.2010

Dr. not Mrs.

I used to play doctor, not house, when I was a little girl. I used to take a first aid kit out to recess, in case anyone got hurt, just so I could doctor them up. I loved watching surgeries on T.V., and dreamt about being the surgeon behind the mask. Maybe in another life when I have more brains. I think scrubs are sexy, so it's a good thing my husband comes home every night in them. To me, they're a symbol of intelligence. I love the medical field, and now that I work for a surgeon, and am married to a soon-to-be-dentist, I feel like I can live my life vicariously through them for the time being. So, when my boss gave me this white coat, to wear in his office, to keep me warm, I felt like I won the lottery. According to my colleagues, the white coat and glasses make me look intelligent. I told them it makes me work harder, oh, and that they can refer to me as Dr. Lovell from here on out. It's a partial dream come true.

8 comments:

Lauren Kay said...

Hahahaha! I love it. So, should we call you Dr. Love too? :)

Amy Lovell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Xoxo Grandma said...

I love the new intelligent look! Maybe the coat has magic powers and will penetrate into your body to make you that intelligent being that I know you are.

Candria said...

Love the new blog Amy! Congrats on getting married! I'm so sorry I missed it. I still need to mail your present.... You are cute!

Amy Lovell said...

Of course, and you better start practicing, because I'll be seeing you next week.

Lorena said...

CUTE, Dr. Mays. Fool em all. Honestly though, I've always thought you were smart!

Cynthia Lovell said...

Love it!!! I really enjoy reading your blogs!!! You're so Clever!!!

Cynthia Lovell said...

Byron says, "You look like a Dr. in our book"!