9.03.2014

Hamahiga Island

Whenever I'd tell people we were moving to Okinawa, their first reaction was always "Wow!" immediately followed by, "That's SO far away!" and then we'd finally get the response, "What made you want to go there?"

Well my friends, this, this is what made us want to come to the beautiful island of Okinawa...





We've been stuck in the midwest for far too long, and while we absolutely loved our time there, sometimes you just need a drastic change. Instead of being landlocked, we're now surrounded by nothing but the ocean, and for now we're quite alright with that.

We're beach bums at heart, and this is what what we were most excited about, playing at the beach. All. Day. Long. I do miss my cornfields though, but I digress.

Snorkeling. Scuba diving. Paddle boarding. Surfing. Kayaking. Jet skiing. You name it, we want to do it, and we're determined to visit as many beaches and islands as we can and to become the best beach bums that we know how to be.

So, who wants to come visit?

8 comments:

AJ Candrian said...

Me, me, me! I want to come visit. Hopefully sometime next year. Fingers crossed.

Xoxo Grandma said...

Love these photos, don't love that you are so far away!

Sonnie's Stories said...

Good to hear from you! I've been wondering how you all are doing! I'm glad you are there safe and sound.

Unknown said...

Me! Can you pencil me in for 2016?

Lovell Family said...

gorgeous!!

Brittany said...

Pencil me in for another year or two. Just me. Or maybe just me and Brian. No way I'm bringing my kids. :) Oh, and keep blogging. I like your more extended updates since I don't talk to you much anymore. I miss that.

Jennifer Lovell said...

I certainly wouldn't be mad if I won a trip to your house for a week :). Have fun!

Stephy said...

I'm so glad you are loving it! I'd love to come visit. It looks spectacular. I'll start saving up.