9.10.2013

Momma's Boy

Tantrums and outburst of "bad" behavior have their moments in our home, and trying to teach a 16 month old how to be polite, and not a complete pill seems a waste a time on occasion, but then there are those moments when I hear a "please" and a "thank you" and I'm given lots of big bear hugs and the sweetest little slobbery kisses that melt my heart a million times over, and it makes me think I'm doing something right as a mother.

I'm not perfect. And some days are less than perfect. But I look in those big blue eyes, and all I see is the sweetest little boy there ever was, and I never want him to grow old.

Tonight as I sang him a few songs and rocked with him before putting him in his crib, he grasped my neck as tight as he could, and then pushed his face away from mine, lips puckered, and gave me the sweetest kiss before resting his head on my shoulder, ready to go to sleep. All he needed was that kiss before he could entirely settle down into a peaceful slumber for the night. Those kisses are his assurance that everything is right in the world. And I hope those kisses never stop.

Moments like these I will always cherish. And in my heart I hope he never tires of wanting me by his side.

3 comments:

Cynthia Lovell said...

That is so SWEET!!! I LOVE your little stories!!! He's a KEEPER!

Xoxo Grandma said...

I agree with Cynthis, so so sweet. I'm looking forward to my kisses soon.

AJ Candrian said...

Ah! Very sweet, Maizer. I want a little slobbery kiss from Preston!