10.16.2011

Sunday Breakfast

Image source
Sundays are the one day I occasionally make a good breakfast around here. Usually it's cereal, in a baggie, that we munch on, on our way to school/work. But with church at 2pm on Sunday's, I have plenty of time, and quite frankly, I just want something to do to help pass the time. So, delicious breakfast it is.

Hawaiian Coffee Cake is an old family favorite that was discovered years and years ago when my siblings and I thought we would be nice one Mother's Day and make our mom breakfast. This recipe was discovered, and it's stuck with us ever since. It's definitely a family favorite.

I just tried scanning the internet for this recipe and I couldn't find this exact one, so, consider yourself lucky I'm sharing this with you. It's quite possible that this will be the most amazing breakfast, or at least coffee cake, you will ever have. That is, if you're a pineapple and coconut kind of person.

Hawaiian Coffee Cake:
1 1/2 c. flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
2/3 c. sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 8-oz. crushed pineapple
1 egg
1/2 c. melted butter
1/2 c brown sugar
3/4 c. coconut

Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Add pineapple, egg and 1/3 c. butter. Stir to mix.
Spread into an 8"x8" baking pan which has been coated with shortening or cooking spray.
Blend coconut, brown sugar and butter.
Spring over batter.
Bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes.

Yum! 

5 comments:

AJ Candrian said...

I think mom even revised the recipe a bit to add yogurt to it to make it extra moist. It's delicious.

Cynthia Lovell said...

Way to spoil that cute husband of yours!

Carlie said...

That recipe sounds delicious! I will have to try it!

carla thorup said...

Yum. I love breakfast food.

And part of the reason we chose the 9th for his blessing was bc it was our baptism day! I'm glad you remembered too :) We were so cool.

Colie said...

Oh man...I had stored the delicious memory of this delicious Candrian delight somewhere in the back of my brain because I knew I'd be too un-bake-ing to make it. Now I guess I just have to be jealous.