4.18.2011

Piano Man

 I married a man who knows how to play the piano, 
and well might I add,
and basically any other instrument he gets his hands on.
Playing the piano is a big part of his life, 
and sadly, it's a part of his life I've rarely seen and hardly know.

Why?
Because I'm a terrible wife, and upon moving into our tiny home, 
I made John store his talent in the closet. 
Honest. There's no room without it being awkward.

Although, maybe if he'd actually written me a song for our wedding like he was planning on,
things would be different...

However, he'll occasionally pull his keyboard out of the closet,
dust it off, 
 and play away.

It makes me wish our house was big enough for a grand.

He'll probably kill me for posting these,
but what are wives for if we can't embarrass our husbands?

Friday night in our house sounded a little like this:


A few days later I told him I wanted him to play me his best piece yet,
this is what he came up with:


Clearly I've married myself an entertainer,
who knew?
Oh, how this man makes me laugh.

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh my!!!!! Love it!

A said...

How funny AMy! GOod for you. Your kids will be musical. :)

AJ Candrian said...

Wow... nice job, John! Amy's no "Piano man" but she can play too... you should make her serenade you.

Alex K Hulme said...

wow haha. brian plays the piano too (also, very well), but his $4000 keyboard is stored as his brothers house for the same reason as you. haha man, between us being horrible wives and them being musical spazzes, i think the 4 of use would make great friends hahahaha. ps i hope he doesnt react the way brian woiuld if i posted something like that, eek! :)

Brittany said...

It looks like John has too much time on his hands. He needs to study more! :)

Very nice. I'm only sorry you didn't take room for a baby grand into consideration when you bought your small house.

You guys will have to come back to our house for Thanksgiving and John can play our old piano to his hearts content.

Cynthia Lovell said...

LOVE IT!!! Would be nice if you could find a place to put it so he could keep up with his music. He can be quite a Ham, can't he? ha ha ha

Xoxo Grandma said...

Go John Go...suggest he write that special song for you for a 9 month gift. He can play it for you when we visit.

Jennifer Lovell said...

I have a video of John playing that last piece in about the year 2002 or 2003. Great to see he's still got his chops, and then some, haha! Those were some fun clips. Love that John brother, he's so funny : ).

carla thorup said...

i always love when a man can play piano... well done sir!

Alicia said...

soooo sweet : ) I wish I could play like that! You've got a talented hubby : ) And he's got a BEAUTIFUL wife!! tell your mom to email me your cell ph number, she got my number from me in Utah