10.31.2014

Halloween

Halloween is not my favorite holiday. In fact, if I didn't have kids, I'd probably do absolutely nothing to celebrate the day. How boring would I be? Thankfully, I do have kids, and therefore we celebrate the holiday over here. Thanks to my mom for supplying Preston's costume, otherwise, he'd probably be a boring ghost with a sheet thrown over his head.

His request was to be a monster this year. I relayed the information to my mom, and in an effort to not make him scary, she found inspiration from one of my favorite children's books, Tickle Monster. So, Tickle Monster he was and he was the cutest Tickle Monster to ever exist, I'm sure of it. 

We just throw the Panda hat on Gwen and called it good. We figured Preston was a panda for his first Halloween, Gwen could be the same...and, the Giants won the World Series a few days prior, so, it worked. 






Also, I'll have you know we "entered" them into a costume contest at the commissary and, thanks to a poor showing, these two cuties scored us $50!! Boom!

Happy Halloween...a few weeks late. 

2 comments:

Lovell Family said...

your mom made that costume? What? She's amazing! I was wondering where you found a tickle monster costume! So cute!

Xoxo Grandma said...

I love the photos of Gwen & the back of Preston in the store, his ears are sticking out & my grandchildren are just so so cute!